Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tamiya EVO5 questions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
minikufer
Mechanic
minikufer

Tamiya EVO5 questions Empty
PostSubject: Tamiya EVO5 questions   Tamiya EVO5 questions EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 9:02 pm

I bought a EVO 5 2nd hand intended to be a drift car but when I ran it, it is running in a straight line but the car seems angled (the car body is not straight if viewed from the back). I've already adjusted everything as per manual.

Your kind inputs please....
Back to top Go down
.j0sh
Chase Driver
.j0sh

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya EVO5 questions   Tamiya EVO5 questions EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 9:15 pm

-Check your servo.
-Check your Tx and use the trim for the servo is required

By "car body", do you mean the shell?
If so, then it's nothing to worry about. The holes on the shell wasn't properly positioned.
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya EVO5 questions   Tamiya EVO5 questions EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 9:16 pm

maybe the holes for the body posts made on the body are not "centered" thus making the car look skewed.

post some pics bryan.. maybe we can tell whether it's the body holes or the posts..

btw, congrats on your new drift kit.. the TB evo 5 is a very competent drifter.. It gets too easy to drift once you get the right set-up.. good luck smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.dubdrift.com
minikufer
Mechanic
minikufer

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya EVO5 questions   Tamiya EVO5 questions EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 9:30 pm

Even w/o the body it is running that way.

Put your cell phone on a flat table then move the lower part of the phone just a little(tinee..winee..bit) to the right.

Imagine this is the evo 5, then move it in a straight line forward.
Thats how my evo runs in a straight. wacko
Back to top Go down
bong
Chase Driver
bong

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya EVO5 questions   Tamiya EVO5 questions EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 9:35 pm

have you checked your rear hub carrier if they both have the same degree of camber?
Back to top Go down
http://www.kodakcinelabs.ae
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya EVO5 questions   Tamiya EVO5 questions EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 10:06 pm

Check the ride height. It could be that the left is higher compared to the right side of the car.

If it's not that, then check the toe.

If it's not that, check the camber.

If it's not that, check the weight (highly doubt it's the weight, unless you've kept a brick on one side).

If it's not that, try re assembling the front and rear. Reassemble the front and rear differential, attach the driveshafts, suspension arms, etc. Take apart the entire front and rear ends in short.
Could be that something has gotten in it, or something needs re greasing or something.

Keep in mind that if one side of the car is faster than the other, the car will move towards the side that is faster. Which is why I suggest re assembling the front and rear ends if none of the set up problems are effecting this.

Hope I helped =)
Back to top Go down
Jay
Administrator
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya EVO5 questions   Tamiya EVO5 questions EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 10:20 pm

As per evo users experience lol.. go check:

-Ball connector hole position
-Ball connector spacers on rear bulkhead and uprights
-Damper hole position/adjustments
-Ride height grub screw on your rear suspension arms

You need to check a lot very happy
show actual pictures Bryan..

Goodluck!
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya EVO5 questions   Tamiya EVO5 questions EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 10:32 pm

altimeters wrote:
You need to check a lot very happy

Goodluck!

Yeah... He really does!
It could be soo many things. Heck, it could even be shock oil!

How much does it steer by itself?

Oh... And did you tighten up the differential? If you over tighten it, things can go wrong. The odd steering issue you've got can often be the result of a bad differential.

You could do all that... And later find out that it's just the servo that's not been put into neutral when it was being fitted.... So yeah, start with the basics, and then move on to more complex things...
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya EVO5 questions   Tamiya EVO5 questions EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 10:41 pm

Replace that damaged suspension mount and it should be okay.. very happy
Back to top Go down
minikufer
Mechanic
minikufer

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya EVO5 questions   Tamiya EVO5 questions EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 10:47 pm

woow.... when i said input...thats a lot. wacko

thanks guys for all the info... i'll try to post pics also smile
Back to top Go down
.j0sh
Chase Driver
.j0sh

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya EVO5 questions   Tamiya EVO5 questions EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 10:54 pm

My vote goes to the servo.
=P
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya EVO5 questions   Tamiya EVO5 questions EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 2:27 pm

The CF based chassis' suffer from a thing called chassis tweak if not assembled properly.
Most notably when the bulkheads are connected to the chassis. The best way to ensure your car is built properly is to completely dissassemble it.....
When you rebuild it, make sure the chassis is on a setup board and tighten the bulkhead screws so that the chassis is completely FLAT.

When building my EVO 4 I noticed MANY ways that you could go wrong with during the build that you would not find with a tub kit. (Including putting superglue on the edges of the CF parts....)
As a bonus, a rebuild willl be like building a new kit and you will spot all of the mistakes the guys have mentioned above.....

Lastly, check out the videos on youtube titled, Red RC Pro Tips with Jilles Groskamp, there are about 5 vids, one of them covers chassis tweak,....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tamiya EVO5 questions   Tamiya EVO5 questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Tamiya EVO5 questions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: EP General Forums :: EP Drifting :: Technical Discussion-
Jump to: