Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show - Page 2 Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show - Page 2 Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show - Page 2 Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show - Page 2 Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show - Page 2 Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show - Page 2 Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show - Page 2 Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show - Page 2 Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

November 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show - Page 2 Vote_lcapNew Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show - Page 2 Voting_barNew Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Jay
New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show - Page 2 Vote_lcapNew Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show - Page 2 Voting_barNew Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show - Page 2 Empty
PostNew Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show

Scheduled to be released in July 2010. It will share parts with the TA05, and will be a high end drift chassis.

Price is a little too steep though, convert it from Yen to USD and see the $500-550 badge yourself.

New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show - Page 2 36742_1

Here is some more information...

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hs-tamtam.co.jp%2Fitem-36742.html
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show :: Comments

Abdul Basit
Re: New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show
Post on Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:29 am by Abdul Basit
cathurga wrote:

Ok, if that was what the reference was to, well the idea that tamiya has is to make the kit affordable before anything else. A drift kit with a TRF price tag +/- US$400 wont get 'snapped up' by the masses....

... It is a TRF, and it's price tag reads $500-550.

What kind of a TRF comes with plastic bulkheads and plastic shock towers?
That's a definite no.

I doubt many people will buy it (CER D08, TC-D are better, price plus better performance) if the don't fix the plastic issues and lower the price tag...
LaNcE
Post on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:36 am by LaNcE
Abdul Basit wrote:
(CER D08, TC-D are better, price plus "better performance")

and you say this because you've already tried it right?

and the price I'm sure is not yet confirmed. they will definitely make it more "competitive".

Last edited by laNcELot on Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
cathurga
Post on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:49 am by cathurga
Tamiya are very shrewd when it comes to this sort of thing, and from history, they seem to get it right a lot more than when they fail...bear in mind of course, Tamiya's main source of revenue and major business focus is static, plastic models. RC is a branch business for them. Hence the immense scale and realism components. Which most of us LOVE about their body kits.

Chassis wise they are hit and miss. TRF's are developed partly in-house and give Tamiya a reason to compete. I dont follow world RC but the Big T is always in with a shout, right? Not bad for a plastic model company with an RC wing, that is competing with RC company's wink

Anyway, I think you will find this release may have some way to go, but dont knock it just yet...could be quite unique!

very happy i still wont be getting one though
.j0sh
Post on Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:41 pm by .j0sh
I need to see this kit's manual before making a final judgement.

But the price tag really needs to go down.
Abdul Basit
Post on Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:16 pm by Abdul Basit
laNcELot wrote:
Abdul Basit wrote:
(CER D08, TC-D are better, price plus "better performance")

and you say this because you've already tried it right?

and the price I'm sure is not yet confirmed. they will definitely make it more "competitive".

The price tag is confirmed. You can pre order the kit if you like.

Peace bro.
jebjeb
Post on Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:20 pm by jebjeb
where to order then? i want one NOW!
Abdul Basit
Post on Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:27 pm by Abdul Basit
Here...

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hs-tamtam.co.jp%2Fitem-36742.html

Hurry! Just 2 remaining for reservation!
LaNcE
Post on Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:30 am by LaNcE
hmmmnnn..

so which one is the real price here:

Fixed Price = 52,290 Japanese yen = 559.76445 U.S. dollars

Sale Price = 30 329 Japanese yen = 324.671945 U.S. dollars

Please say it's 325 USD.. please.. laughing
.j0sh
Post on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:02 am by .j0sh
Ewwww....
=P
J.Drift
Post on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:20 am by J.Drift
but still for me i like the TCD if you will compare the construction & materials used sarcastic

if you will upgrade this kit the way like TCD you will spend another 200 to 300 USD + +

just my opinion giggle
paul
Post on Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:17 pm by paul
Heres a proper pic of the the new tamiya drift kit

New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show - Page 2 Drift110

More info HERE
bong
Post on Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:33 pm by bong
thanks paul, better pics and definitely more info

now im starting to like it 2thumbsup
jebjeb
Post on Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:07 pm by jebjeb
thanks paul for the clearer photo

wow lots of bling!

as we all know tamiya does not release kits that are 100% fully hopped up... its called marketing strategy... for simple reason.. in order for the addicts to upgrade their kits to their own preference and not just be a generic fully hopped up kits like the other rc brands.

i got my eye on this one smile
.j0sh
Post on Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:43 pm by .j0sh
Thanks for the update sir Paul.

But seriously?
You'd spend money for a kit with re-enforced PLASTIC that sells at prices over the TA05MS?

Marketing strategy?
When will Tamiya start thinking more about it's consumers and less about making money for themselves.

Here's a theory to add to the 'marketing strategy'.
This kit my end up like the legendary TA03.
After a year or two of production, Tamiya might stop it just to increase the kit's 'value'.

My opinion.....TamiYUCK!!
cathurga
Post on Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:15 pm by cathurga
.j0sh wrote:

When will Tamiya start thinking more about it's consumers and less about making money for themselves.

You are mixing Tamiya up with the Red Cross/Red Crescent, Tamiya is a business, and their SOLE INTENT is to make money. Granted, in order for them to do so, it would be wise for them to follow or predict a marketing TREND in order to produce products that will net them the best profits...

As far as halting production to make a model more 'valuable' well, that is merely a speculative comment....I dont believe Tamiya had ANY idea that 30 years after it's release, NIB San Scorchers would be fetching prices in excess of US$3000! Had they known that, they may have kept a few of the moulds, and made parts....but then they wouldnt have been RARE, right? wink

I think Tamiya pretty much hit the nail on the head every time.....how many other vendors have re-released popular products into the market place? Only a company that 'cares' would do such a thing, and only a company that 'cares' would make the scale awesome-ness that we appreciate...

Don't think I am knocking your comments, but I feel it is important to know that business can only operate if they are making money, they will make money if they make good products, they dont HAVE to do ANYTHING for you or me....they dont have to give us gifts...

You are free to vote with your wallet though toetap5
jebjeb
Post on Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:21 pm by jebjeb
either way, tamiya SELLS! smile
.j0sh
Post on Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:32 pm by .j0sh
I understand and respect your opinion sir Andy.

But compared to the TRFs, this kit is like an incomplete human.
And it just frustrates me to see Tamiya look low on the RC drifting community.
It may not be as big (and popular) as the touring side, but still, why did they have to cut back on this kit.

As it is, Tamiya spare parts are expensive, and I understand this concept.
But why make the end-user suffer by spending more money of parts that are (essentially) supposed to be there.

Well, to sum it all up.
I'm not entirely happy with this kit.
=(
cathurga
Post on Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:33 pm by cathurga
heheheh, at least you are frustrated with Tamiya, and not me banghead

I understand your frustration, but you think like a drifter, Tamiya think like a business.....with the rc enthusiast at heart.

For fear of going of topic, I will offer the last opinion.....bridging the gap between hobby-grade and RC has always been a focus for Tamiya ( in my opinion of course). They have done it well with many models from buggies to crawlers to tourers....and it is likely they will continue to do this. If they were only interested in the competitive market, we would ONLY see TRF cars, but that market would not support the company...how many entry level X-Ray's do you see in the market, or Schumachers? not many. Traxxas has gone to the other extreme which I dislike, EVERYTHING is RTR,.....how awful is that? I want to BUILD my kits and put MY radio gear in it....that does not stop the wheels of their machine, does it? wink

I am not imposing my views or opinions, merely stating them.

P.S silent I think we may see a few of these in Dubai before the end of July.....blinged up and all! thumbs_up
strawb
Post on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:02 pm by strawb
if a group buy comes up from JJ for this one ....... Im in
.j0sh
Post on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:18 pm by .j0sh
cathurga wrote:
heheheh, at least you are frustrated with Tamiya, and not me banghead

Of course not mad at you sir. Hehe =)
I understand, business is business.

Call me cheap, but I am certainly not buying it with that price tag.

If the price of the kit goes down to a respectable price....then, it'll get my vote.
=)
Abdul Basit
Post on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:57 pm by Abdul Basit
I agree with you Josh... The kit is overpriced. Let's see what packages other websites have to offer though, maybe it's cheaper then...

Maybe $300 would be more respectable.

They should sell a non-bling one, the same layout, only completely plastic and the important aluminium bits. If they price that at $150, It'll definetly be AWESOME.
Abdul Basit
Post on Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:42 pm by Abdul Basit
UPDATE!

The cheapest price is now $430!

You can now preorder the kit at Genki!

http://www.genkidoridori.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1401

And some important information...

"A new designed drift spec chassis from Tamiya utilises TA05 bulkheads and TRF 416 uprights. The popular short reversable sus arms sets are also used. With the new design to improve balance throught the layout and better slide control. Tamiya have also improved the geometry of the steering and is great for countersteer. TA05 option parts can be used to hop up the chassis also."
LaNcE
Post on Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:55 pm by LaNcE
I hate to say this but..

I told you so..

and I'm sure once more of these come out, it'll be less in price.. wink

Last edited by laNcELot on Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total
.j0sh
Post on Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:37 pm by .j0sh
I doubt it....

I'm starting to hate Tamiya really bad.
Abdul Basit
Post on Sat May 15, 2010 11:03 pm by Abdul Basit
Some updates..

New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show - Page 2 IMG_0228
New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show - Page 2 IMG_0229
New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show - Page 2 IMG_0230
New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show - Page 2 IMG_0232

... Does that say "TA05 VDF" on the box? Odd name then..

some other news from the show..

New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show - Page 2 IMG_0231
New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show - Page 2 IMG_0232
New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show - Page 2 IMG_0238
New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show - Page 2 IMG_0233
New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show - Page 2 IMG_0239
New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show - Page 2 IMG_0240
New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show - Page 2 IMG_0241
New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show - Page 2 IMG_0243

New Tamiya Releases - Upcoming Shizuouka Show

Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum