Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Did something daft Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Did something daft Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Did something daft Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Did something daft Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Did something daft Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Did something daft Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Did something daft Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Did something daft Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

November 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Did something daft Vote_lcapDid something daft Voting_barDid something daft Vote_rcap 
Jay
Did something daft Vote_lcapDid something daft Voting_barDid something daft Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Did something daft

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Duane
Chase Driver

Did something daft Empty
PostSubject: Did something daft   Did something daft EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 2:03 am

Bought a sand scorcher from t and u.

Going to try and build it weathered and rusty, I haven't done this before so expect slow progress.

I have a back up shell that I bought for an m04 road scorcher that I haven't built so have a fall back if it all goes wrong. Right now I am thinking of removing the front arches, there are a few scorchers on you tube that look very cool like this.

Duane
Back to top Go down
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

Did something daft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did something daft   Did something daft EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 12:05 pm

cool Duane! hope the build is successful smile

planning to get one myself smile
Back to top Go down
Duane
Chase Driver

Did something daft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did something daft   Did something daft EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 6:59 pm

Hi,

I am thinking of something along these lines -

Did something daft Pinturaeteto039

more on this build over at scale4x4

http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38144

Duane.
Back to top Go down
Jay
Administrator
Jay

Did something daft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did something daft   Did something daft EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 7:49 pm

Interested in those rusty finish.. keep us up to date with the progress Duane!

caloyski
caloyski

Did something daft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did something daft   Did something daft EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 11:49 pm

oooooohh....... niceness!!!!!!!!

paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

Did something daft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did something daft   Did something daft EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 1:37 am

Go on Duane! Just start building already! thumbs_up
Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

Did something daft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did something daft   Did something daft EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 1:16 am

If you want some inspiration, take a look at the one Seth did...

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=98831&sid=15376

He won the Tamiya Sand Scorcher Build contest with this one in Feb 2010..

http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/feature.php?article-id=463

(the tamiyausa link might not work, the dont like external links to their site) but type in scorcher build in the search field and you will find it...
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

Did something daft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did something daft   Did something daft EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 1:19 am

...I still have one in it's box, came with the special edition bag....will need to build it some day...
Back to top Go down
Duane
Chase Driver

Did something daft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did something daft   Did something daft EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 6:41 pm

Hi,

Keeping it simple so far, I have kept the front and rear wings on the car and begun to paint. At the moment I have laid down two layers of bright aluminium, the shell looks pretty good in bright metal.

I will let the metal base layer cure for a few days then over spray in patchy brown and orange for the rust layer.

Haven't decide on the final colour yet, but looking at other peoples work, red spectrum colours blend best with the brown rust layer, so it will be yellow, red or orange.

Duane.
Back to top Go down
Duane
Chase Driver

Did something daft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did something daft   Did something daft EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 1:01 am

Lots of progress, Not all of it good, but right now it looks like I have managed a late save.

The highlight is some perfect looking rust on the front wings but it's been a very up and down process to get there and the end result definitely has it's high points and low points.

so here are the steps I took

1) a base layer of silver
2) a layer of Matt brown which I applied with a sponge. I hate working with enamels and didn't want to gum up a good brush so used a kitchen sponge instead. the sponge turned out to be a pretty smart idea, you can get a lot of different textures from a smooth brushed finish to a highly textured finish acheived by dabbing the sponge on the paint as it dries.
3) to get a bubbly raised texture I mixed some sand from the garden in with the Matt brown, I put this in areas I thought should appear thoroughly rotten.
4) where it all went wrong was when I applied an orange gloss coat. It looked horrible over the previous layers and the more I added the worse it got.

Today i set about the shell with a sanding block with the intention of stripping it back and starting from scratch but as the gloss coat came away the shell started to look ok. It's not brilliant, but in places the rust is perfect. I am hoping that as I add detail - black the window surrounds, fit the lights, etc there will be enough detail to balance the overall effect.

Pictures soon.

Duane

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Did something daft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did something daft   Did something daft Empty

Back to top Go down

Did something daft
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: EP General Forums :: EP Off-Road :: General Discussion-
Jump to: