Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Counter-Steer Philosophy - Page 2 Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Counter-Steer Philosophy - Page 2 Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Counter-Steer Philosophy - Page 2 Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Counter-Steer Philosophy - Page 2 Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Counter-Steer Philosophy - Page 2 Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Counter-Steer Philosophy - Page 2 Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Counter-Steer Philosophy - Page 2 Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Counter-Steer Philosophy - Page 2 Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

December 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Counter-Steer Philosophy - Page 2 Vote_lcapCounter-Steer Philosophy - Page 2 Voting_barCounter-Steer Philosophy - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Jay
Counter-Steer Philosophy - Page 2 Vote_lcapCounter-Steer Philosophy - Page 2 Voting_barCounter-Steer Philosophy - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Counter-Steer Philosophy

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

Counter-Steer Philosophy - Page 2 Empty
PostCounter-Steer Philosophy

CS = Counter-steer.

Back to top Go down
https://www.dubdrift.com
Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Counter-Steer Philosophy :: Comments

dark_drift
Re: Counter-Steer Philosophy
Post on Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:13 am by dark_drift
If only the right cs we will look up to or looking on how you drift the right way. Im sure most of uswho will joint in a big comptition. We will never win.i may not that good at drifting but i know a little on whats the correct way of doing it. ":daming video kaya"very happy. Am i correct? very happy we all know we are not prof. Judges or what so ever. So we should not blame them if they judge the drift correctly or not. There not prof as i sed. Even your self if you wr a judge your not 100% sure if you jude the right way.

As far as the weekend drift.. Im sure the weather is one of the reson.

thats why im not that active lately. Hehehehe.

Jay
Post on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:03 am by Jay
chardiboi wrote:
And to add to that. . . . drifters also MUST NEED to know at least how to judge a competition. . . we all know we don't have any permanent judge. . . so drifters have to know the basics, or have a refresher course on how to judge a drift tandem. . . . what is a lead car and what is a chase car. . . . what is drifting, and what is racing. . . . and so on an so forth. . . . because it can be so frustrating to lose a tandem just because of a bad call from a judge. . . . . no offense to anyone. . . just MHO. . . . . very happy

Then I guess we should have courses for judging.. and only those who have read and fully understands the do's and dont's of rc drifting can and will be allowed to judge and not just whoever is free. So a judge should always be assigned and announced on the official dc thread before hand. I suppose its the best way to avoid this kind of issues.

I know judges like me and the rest would sometimes have opposing decisions over some close fights and to discuss each and every set in the rule book prior to that would be the way to help us fully understand everything and clear things up. After that its gonna be all up to the judges decission.

jovenshadow
Post on Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:19 pm by jovenshadow
If i may suggest and if you can consider in the next drift competition.

The organizer gives the judges a piece of paper and pen, the judges write the winner in the piece of paper and give to the marshal or organizer then the organizer announce the winner.

In my observation in the previous drift competition long long time ago, the last judge is always deciding who wins the battle and sometimes the last judge base his answer on the decision of the two judges so the third judges plays a big role if he want to draw the battle or hand the vote to his buddy. I may be wrong but thats my observation to note that most of us join a couple of competition with or without trophy at stake so maybe some of us notice this before.

I think by voting discretely in the paper then have a proper knowledge about good angle and drifting not racing, we can all be judges and voting for the good drifter and not best buddy.

Just my 50 fils... smile

dulli
Post on Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:05 pm by dulli
Any judges want to take bribes? Lol great idea Joven this will also help increase the suspense of both spectators and drivers!
dark_drift
Post on Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:01 pm by dark_drift
+1 to joven 2thumbsup
dulli
Post on Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:19 pm by dulli
Thats a +1 on the forum right? Not on the DC...
caloyski
Post on Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:32 pm by caloyski
amen to jovs! very good point there! clapping
Jay
Post on Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:36 pm by Jay
jovenshadow wrote:

I think by voting discretely in the paper then have a proper knowledge about good angle and drifting not racing, we can all be judges and voting for the good drifter and not best buddy. Just my 50 fils... smile

Now why did we not thought about this before. Great Idea Jovs! Should be implemented on the comming DCs asap.
dulli
Post on Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:36 pm by dulli
clapping
dulli
Post on Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:38 pm by dulli
All this discussion about rules and regulations lets set up a DC for the end of this month!

Friday the 31st! Mr.Erik please arrange smile

Noscire4
Post on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:09 pm by Noscire4
jovenshadow wrote:
If i may suggest and if you can consider in the next drift competition.

The organizer gives the judges a piece of paper and pen, the judges write the winner in the piece of paper and give to the marshal or organizer then the organizer announce the winner.

In my observation in the previous drift competition long long time ago, the last judge is always deciding who wins the battle and sometimes the last judge base his answer on the decision of the two judges so the third judges plays a big role if he want to draw the battle or hand the vote to his buddy. I may be wrong but thats my observation to note that most of us join a couple of competition with or without trophy at stake so maybe some of us notice this before.

I think by voting discretely in the paper then have a proper knowledge about good angle and drifting not racing, we can all be judges and voting for the good drifter and not best buddy.

Just my 50 fils... smile

This is a great idea Jovs.... i agree on the whole concept of handing over the paper which contains either the winner or the score to the main judge in that way the winner can only be called by the main judge (so there will be only one person to be blame if the called was not agreed by the audience or the competitor, in most cases that would be ME sorry )...

Anyway i also proposed before and discussed it over to Jay that instead of the 3 judges giving just the name of the winner in a tandem battle i think its better to be a points system (min. 4 max 10) based on their performance and attitude during the tandem battle in this way we can avoid the unanimous decision as most cases judges are thinking twice on their decision because they are not fully convince the winner has given a good or just enough performance to win..

Sample:
First tandem battle:
Player 1
Judge 1 : 8 points
Judge 2 : 7 points
Main Judge 1 : 8 points
Total score : 23 points Judge
Player 2
Judge 1 : 9 points
Main Judge 1 : 9 points
Total score : 25 points
First battle result : Player 2 wins

Second tandem battle: Player 2 advantage
Player 1
Judge 1 : 7 points
Total score : 22 points Judge
Player 2
Judge 1 : 8 points
Judge 2 : 8 points
Total score : 24 points
Second battle result : Player 2 wins (advance to the next round)

Let this thread be a discussion for Judging concept let be open to all idea and agree on the best one...
jovenshadow
Post on Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:01 pm by jovenshadow
Point system is a good option also as you will have more chance of winning by a single point. smile
Noscire4
Post on Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:20 pm by Noscire4
10 points will be given to each player during Tandem battle and the judges will then deduct points to each players mistake on the course, at the end of each lap reamining points will then be given to the main judge to decide the winner based on the highest points earned by the player....
Jay
Post on Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:06 pm by Jay
Ok so these are all good suggestions regarding scoring and voting.. but still the issue here is people are seeing wrong calls by judges. Understanding the point scoring and voting discreetly will not change the judges decision if we're not sure exactly how some points are to be scored and not to be scored.
chardiboi
Post on Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:15 pm by chardiboi
Jay wrote:
Ok so these are all good suggestions regarding scoring and voting.. but still the issue here is people are seeing wrong calls by judges. Understanding the point scoring and voting discreetly will not change the judges decision if we're not sure exactly how some points are to be scored and not to be scored.

++1

that is basically my point. . . the judges, whoever they may be must be aware what is the basis of the points they gave. .. .

now. . . no one wants to be a judge anymore laughing
LaNcE
Post on Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:23 pm by LaNcE
I'm not for the 'main judge' thing.

The main reason for having judges is to have majority of votes for the winner. If we're gonna hand out papers, it's got to be at the same time. So as not to affect the drifter or spectator's views.

Judging is fairly easy as long as you know what to look out for:
1. Fluidity
2. Drift angle
3. Distance between cars as to being the lead or chase
4. Clipping points

Fluidity for me is the most important. This is what drifting is all about - looking good! Especially now that we are in the 'CS age'.

Just my 2 Ph cents.. very happy

Noscire4
Post on Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:38 pm by Noscire4
@ Jay i understand your feeling, this is just some points to discuss when we all meet on weekend if we all wanted to have proper DC...

To discuss:
*point sytem
*allocation of points
*chase and lead car
*clipping point
*Judge
* and other things concerning DC and Meets

We can't discourage everyone not to be judge otherwise how can we all have a good competition infact we need to thank this guys who are willing to judge than to play and gave their chance to other player... most of us know how to judge but only couple of guys came up to me before DC and volunteer to Judge instead of playing...

Sad to say we can only notice mistake of the Judges (which nothing wrong in pointing mistake).... Hopefully everyone is present on weekend drift meet to share their knowledge on judging....
Jay
Post on Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:54 pm by Jay
I hope everyone is aware that this is not entirely just for judges.. its for participants aswell so we wont be hearing any complaints, protests and whining at the end of every DC. Learning more about how you won or how you lost I hope will stop all this grumbles.
caloyski
Post on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:07 pm by caloyski
amen to jay as well....
Noscire4
Post on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:47 pm by Noscire4
it's a "Group" effort.... so pitch in guys were everyone will benefit....
dulli
Post on Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:58 pm by dulli
I totally agree that its a group effort! Obviously setting up events and meets needs support from participants. Most people with opinion aren't even out there sweating there ass off on a Friday afternoon at regular meets. Regardless of summer or not. ProRc has people so we should be in full force too.

Erics done a great job in settin up great tracks and meets but it lacks the support from participants.

For Judging sake as a competitor I havent seen any bias calls by any judge most judges are drifters and we all know what its supposed to be and have all spent countless hours on Youtube watching drift videos! I agree to the point system definitely a great idea as real drifting is judged the same way and there is no second guessing a judges call in any sport! Even as an avid Kart racer I have had several calls which I felt were unfair but at the end of the race its the race director / marshals call on what they saw and not what I experienced as a driver even with video proof.

The best thing to do is to learn from our mistakes and take make sure we can improve on it.

I gotta give it to Eric for setting everything up and all the guys that helped judge for doing a great job non the less.

Just want everyone to have fun doing what we all enjoy instead of sitting and bitching like little girls about how it could be different and how others are wrong!
caloyski
Post on Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:31 am by caloyski
hunter punish sarcastic hand hunter
dulli
Post on Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:36 am by dulli
You wanna say hello to my little friend? hunter
Jay
Post on Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:48 am by Jay
Noscire4 wrote:
it's a "Group" effort.... so pitch in guys were everyone will benefit....
Always there to support the sport! Now lets start this off this weekend and prepare ourselves for the comming battles! ..strictly cs dori style very happy
Noscire4
Post on Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:09 am by Noscire4
Proposed a track guys to be used for a month to practiced...
Post  by Sponsored content

Counter-Steer Philosophy

Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Media :: Your Videos-
Jump to: