well since I didn't introduce myself here yet, I'll do this by using this post ok?
My name is Ricardo and I'm from Brasil (sorry my awful english, ok?)..and I would like to say how it's nice to join a rc drift community which had some great experienced drivers (who make some mods on their rc cars
)...well to fresh start I gonna start with my cars.. I have 3 rc cars (TA02 my very first rc car, and it put my in the drift scene as well hehehe), a Yokomo Mr4-Tc DP (probably my preferred drift chassis, since I discovered a lot of drift setups to my car), and my new one drift chassis the Sakura CS sport D3(which is amazing drift chassis since I only cost USD 126 at rcmart.com, and it comes with ball bearings, Counter Steering setup, 3 belt drive, 45° steering angle, front motor, and a really pretty rear diffuser
)..now I'm just waiting for up 55° steering angle cvs and aluminum steering system(which is compatible with the new cvd's) and also some other aluminum parts and build myself an ultimate drift chassis...
well, I do have an old Tamiya Ta02 (it's my first rc car) and actually that was deepened in dust, since I do have others 2 cars (Sakura CS sport D3, and a Yoke Type-c (mr4-tc DP))..well, since I bought the Sakura I have a try to driving rear wheels only (because sakura d3 has 3 belts, and all I had 2 do was REMOVE THE FRONT BELT.. THEN...
I have an RWD sakura D3 chassis)..
well... just cleaning up my room I've found my old TA02(it's a real simple chassis, doesn't have camber, caster, toe-in and toe-out) and I thought to retrofit it....Since the new age of rc drift scene it's becoming RWD, I found the perfect DIY to my old legend touring chassis and make me want to use it again, but now converting it into a RWD Drift Chassis..So I've decided to make an RWD conversion on my Ta02...
well first thing that I would do was find a way 2 assemble the whole chassis, since I wanna to use rear as front and the front as rear...but guess what??? the result was amazing ! ! ! But I didn't test the car yet.. BECAUSE THE NEW SERVO FRONT MOUNT it's not ready yet...
only I had 2 do was remove the rear manta ray (rear diff, rear wheels shafts and the DOGBONES as well) and put some suspension settings (the ta02 had no setting at all):
* camber ... (I use ball caps, ball studs and turnbuckles)
* caster ... (Just switching the rear (FRONT) low arms position (new ones, since the front will be the rear and the rear will be the front) I probably get a 1 degree)
* GPM racing FRONT DAMPER STAY (reverse position..I will get a 1 degree plus...I should use an Aluminum piece..I only looked 2 this mod, since the rear was too light compared to the front)
* camber ... (same stuff above)
* caster ...(same stuff above plus I just put 2 small pieces of rc antenna tube
, in front low arms (new ones) , locking the C-hubs in the right place, avoiding those 2 move..front to back)
* FRP Tamiya OP194 REAR DAMPER STAY (carbon piece to avoid the RC front too heavy, and also give me an other optional shocks positions)
* Aluminum Chassis Homemade with upper chassis (battery vertical position under the upper chassis
, to make the car balance optimized)
* Completely redesigned front bumper and front bumper mount (NOT DECIDED YET HOW OR WHICH ONE)
* rear bumper with LAMBORGHINI RÉVENTON REAR DIFFUSER ( planetadeagostini.com.br) - 208mm
(really wide, huh? but fits perfectly to drift rear bodies)
* Yeah racing aluminum main shaft (avoid vibe the rear diff)= blue color
* ball bearing (to make it sharper)
** front knuckle arms = switch positions (since I have no space to servo steering system works)
** servo front mount conversion (I DIDNOT HAVE DONE THIS MOD YET...I'M ACTUALLY WILL BE WAITING FOR SOME IDEAS.. (well I have no space to let the steering system work rightly so I've decided to make an servo front mount conversion
* stealth mount for the bodies...
to make this a true RWD chassis, I 've decided to uses this as a beauty itens, to follow this retrofit project chassis:
* BLUE front and rear diff cases
* BLACK front and rear diff cases
well this is pretty much the current project ...but I've observed that the front now it's 204mm and the rear stills 194mm(the front suspension just become wider because I've add the front knuckle arms made by Yeah racing)... and what should I do 2 make this right with 190mm bodies? (F: 186mm and R: 188mm)
please leave me a comment and tell me what you think!