Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition out Dec 21st

Go down 
AuthorMessage
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition out Dec 21st Empty
PostSubject: Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition out Dec 21st   Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition out Dec 21st EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 12:29 pm

Traxxas Slash 4X4 Platinum Edition will be availible a week after the launch of the regular Slash 4x4 for the same price as the regular one 399USD......think I prefer this option, can paint it my way and use my Specktrum radio!

Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition out Dec 21st 1_16910

Already one of the most eagerly anticipated Traxxas vehicles ever, the new Slash 4X4 is now available in Platinum Edition trim. This factory-works race truck checks nearly every box on the Slash 4X4 option sheet to deliver the ultimate in short-course racing performance, and leaves the choice of radio gear and battery to the user. Slash 4X4 Platinum Edition also includes a clear body so racers can apply their own signature style. In addition to all the standard Slash 4X4 features, the Platinum Edition includes hard-anodized aluminum Big Bore™️ shocks with titanium nitride shafts; blue-anodized aluminum C-hubs, steering blocks, rear hub carriers, and axle nuts; front and rear swaybars in two thicknesses; soft S1-compound BFGoodrich®️ Mud-Terrain™️ T/A®️ tires; and a sealed, silicone-filled center differential that can be installed in place of the standard Revo®️-spec slipper clutch. Everything else is factory-installed and fully prepped for on-track performance.

Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition out Dec 21st 210

Standard Slash 4X4 Features:
• Fully assembled
• Full-time 4WD, 40+mph out-of-the-box!
• Licensed BFGoodrich®️ Mud Terrain™️ T/A®️ tires
• Rigid chassis design
• Long-travel suspension
• Bellcrank steering system with integrated servo saver
• Powerful, efficient brushless Velineon 3500 motor
• VXL-3s waterproof electronic speed control
• Digital, ball bearing, waterproof steering servo
• Waterproof electronics – race in dirt, mud, and water
• Traxxas High-Current Connector
• Blue-anodized, lightweight aluminum driveshaft
• Revo®️-spec sealed, silicone-filled differentials
• Patented Torque-Control™️ slipper clutch
• Heavy Duty 4mm steel turnbuckles
• Precision high-quality hex hardware throughout
• Efficient rubber-sealed ball bearings

Additional Slash 4X4 Platinum Edition Features:
• Blue-anodized aluminum C-Hubs
• Blue-anodized aluminum steering blocks
• Blue-anodized aluminum rear hub carriers
• Blue-anodized aluminum axle nuts
• Hard-anodized, Teflon-coated Big Bore shocks with titanium nitride shafts
• Front and rear swaybars
• Optional extra-stiff swaybar set
• S1-compund, officially-licensed BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A tires
• Clear polycarbonate body with overspray film and window masks
• Die-cut decals with details and sponsor logos
• Sealed, silicone filled center differential (included separately.
Installs trackside in just minutes replacing the Torque Control
slipper.)
• Includes Traxxas digital, high-torque, ball-bearing steering
servo.

Transmitter, receiver, batteries, and charger not included.
Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
Samaj
Chase Driver
Samaj

PostSubject: Re: Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition out Dec 21st   Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition out Dec 21st EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 12:42 pm

So how many are jumping on this bandwagon.
For me i have a Slayer (Nitro 4x4) so willing to race that with anyone that enters with the Slash 4x4.
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition out Dec 21st   Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition out Dec 21st EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 12:51 pm

Samaj,

I have an Associated SC10 EP 2WD (hope to upgrade it to brushless soon) but am keen to get one of these too, when I get one I will let you know and we can go racin!

I know Ahmed has his eye on one of these too and Andy has a Brushless 2WD Slash, so that would make 4 of us....

Any more out there?
Back to top Go down
Samaj
Chase Driver
Samaj

PostSubject: Re: Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition out Dec 21st   Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition out Dec 21st EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 2:15 pm

How on earth can anyone control with a 2WD Slash with a brushless. Its barely controlable with a regular motor. 4X4 Slash will really help put the power of a bruchless down!
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition out Dec 21st   Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition out Dec 21st EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 3:13 pm

Thats the beauty of 2WD with plenty of power, it teaches you CONTROL!!! :-)

Actually the 2WD is a lot of fun, but you need to take the powerslides under control....the only issue is if you put 11.1V through it, it just wants to wheelie.

I am pretty impressed with the 4WD version, and the fact that you can get one without all the radio gear is even better, I will likely get one.....and retire the old 2WD...

I hope all 3 diffs are sealed, you could put different viscosity oils in dependent on the terrain...tighten up the front diff for pull, loosen the rear for turn and medium in the middle to keep the wheelie's under control....wicked.

I would through the Mamba 5500KV in it, hardened steel pinion and show the Nitro 1/8th boys how it's done....GAME OVERRRRRR!!

I was going to do an electric conversion on a slayer, but Traxxas have solved that problem for me....I love my Tamiya's, but Traxxas stuff is better for bashing the life out of..
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition out Dec 21st   Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition out Dec 21st EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 6:02 pm

Andy,

Slash with Mamba 5500kv will be insane, and i sure an awesome weapon to show the nitro boys!

Best you order a few sets of tyres for it as I'm sure they wont be lasting long....

I far as i know all 3 diffs are sealed, same equipment as in the e-revo...

I look forward to these battles! we will need to find a bigger sand lot or go to nad al sheba as the patch of sand in area 2 aint gonna cut it! hehehe
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition out Dec 21st   Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition out Dec 21st EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 6:19 pm

Tires I reckon will last from a tread perspective, I have only replaced tires because the Traxxas glue is RUBBISH and sand gets in there and sends the whole lot off balance...I would get some of the stock tires, and some beadlock rims....they will last ok...
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition out Dec 21st   Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition out Dec 21st EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 7:10 pm

I would recommend Proline Split six beadlock rims in full black.....hmmmmm.....my favourite at the moment!
Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition out Dec 21st 3284-010
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition out Dec 21st   Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition out Dec 21st EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 7:32 pm

Are those the ones that you only have to bolt the bead from one side, and they sorta squish the inside bead by pulling them together?

If so, I would be more inclined to go for these BAD BOYS
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition out Dec 21st   Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition out Dec 21st EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 7:47 pm

Those are pretty sweet, nice thing is you can put any normal 2.2 tyre on there and dont need to rely on the limited SC selection (2.2 x3.0)

You never gonna losse a tyre running those!

I think the prolines are like you discribed....have a look below
Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition out Dec 21st Catego10
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition out Dec 21st   Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition out Dec 21st EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 9:22 pm

Yeah, those are them. I am not sure why Traxxas made the wheels with a different ID, I have run the old ones front and back and there was never a prob....

Would rather have the RC4WD rims and then slap some of their Dune XT's on the front, and some paddles out back....with the 4WD though, XT's all round would be good for hard(er) tracks..
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition out Dec 21st   Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition out Dec 21st EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 9:35 pm

Andy do you have any idea what the advantage of different inner diameter rims are?

Now if only we could find a nice hard track somewhere????

I got these paddles from PROLINE and they are great, the paddle are smaller than the one you have on the Slash but the performance is awesome....only problem they wont fit on those rims you want.....RC4Wd has something similar Sand Storm 2.2
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition out Dec 21st   Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition out Dec 21st EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 9:39 pm

Not sure what the reason is, if it is not performance/handling related, then it is either weight reduction or to clear steering/drive shafts....Yeah Sandstorms rock!
My paddles are a bit too brutal, but you could counter their grip by loosening the slipper a tad......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition out Dec 21st   Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition out Dec 21st Empty

Back to top Go down

Traxxas Slash 4x4 Platinum Edition out Dec 21st
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: EP General Forums :: EP Off-Road :: General Discussion-
Jump to: