Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Oversteer when drifting to left corner Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Oversteer when drifting to left corner Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Oversteer when drifting to left corner Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Oversteer when drifting to left corner Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Oversteer when drifting to left corner Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Oversteer when drifting to left corner Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Oversteer when drifting to left corner Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Oversteer when drifting to left corner Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

November 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Oversteer when drifting to left corner Vote_lcapOversteer when drifting to left corner Voting_barOversteer when drifting to left corner Vote_rcap 
Jay
Oversteer when drifting to left corner Vote_lcapOversteer when drifting to left corner Voting_barOversteer when drifting to left corner Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Oversteer when drifting to left corner

Go down 
AuthorMessage
rommel
Test Driver
rommel

Oversteer when drifting to left corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oversteer when drifting to left corner   Oversteer when drifting to left corner EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 9:37 am

cry Need advice...i have noticed last night while running my car without shell in our reception hall..... my front right wheel is not working to well.... thats the reason why she always oversteer when drifting to left corner.... can anyone ask me how to fix it (still in stock parts), got worried... tnx in advance....
Back to top Go down
Bandit
Lead Driver

PostSubject: Re: Oversteer when drifting to left corner   Oversteer when drifting to left corner EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 10:34 am

try adding weights on the battery side rommel and then try running and make some slide.
Back to top Go down
J.Drift
J.Drift

PostSubject: Re: Oversteer when drifting to left corner   Oversteer when drifting to left corner EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 10:53 am

Bandit is right maybe it the weight & try to use the inner hole of your fornt knuckle steering link to have more angle on steering.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Oversteer when drifting to left corner   Oversteer when drifting to left corner EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 7:25 pm

With regards to the steering problem, before you start adding weights and things, you need to ensure that the steering geometry is correct first.
Make sure the servo saver is centered correctly as a start. Remove it, turn the car on, set the steering to ZERO (middle) and then put the servo saver back on, with the wheels centered.
Ensure that the servo saver is doing what it should do, absorb shocks, but also make sure it is free to center when not under load.
Make sure all your linkages to the wheel hubs are correct and free.
Check to see that the A-arms connection to the hubs is correct and free.
Lift the front of the car and steer side to side....there should be the SAME amount of travel to the left and right. If not, there is a problem with the steering geometry and I would advise a rebuild paying attention to the manual!
Back to top Go down
rommel
Test Driver
rommel

PostSubject: Re: Oversteer when drifting to left corner   Oversteer when drifting to left corner EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 8:43 pm

Mr. Bandit,

how to put weight to balance my car..... im using a 3600 NiMH battery and its surely a heavy one.....sorry to ask coz im just new hihihihi... tnx again blush
Back to top Go down
Jay
Administrator
Jay

PostSubject: Re: Oversteer when drifting to left corner   Oversteer when drifting to left corner EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 8:59 pm

i have a shaft driven car aswell and the battery is placed on the right side of the kit.. never had any problems with the balance.. all has been perfectly balanced by tamiya engineers im sure lol

try working on andys advice.. steering adjustments.
Back to top Go down
https://www.dubdrift.com
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: Oversteer when drifting to left corner   Oversteer when drifting to left corner EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 9:10 pm

@rommel, if you're using a Ni-Mh battery, you should not have any problem with balance.

I put weights on my kit's battery side because i'm using Li-Po batteries since their lighter than Ni-Mh or Ni-Cd and it gives more spin on the motor side. Basically, older chassis were designed for use with Ni-Mh.

+1 on andy's advice.

or maybe the servo horn slipped.
try to check the steering mechanisms first bro..

good luck man!

Last edited by laNcELot on Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Oversteer when drifting to left corner   Oversteer when drifting to left corner EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 9:29 pm

rommel wrote:
how to put weight to balance my car
Yeah, I'd like to know that too. What "weights" are these? And where can I get them?
Back to top Go down
.j0sh
Chase Driver
.j0sh

PostSubject: Re: Oversteer when drifting to left corner   Oversteer when drifting to left corner EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 9:54 pm

@abdul
take a look at my ta05....you'll see the weights.
=)
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: Oversteer when drifting to left corner   Oversteer when drifting to left corner EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 10:12 pm

these weights are mainly made of lead (Pb)
they have double-sided adhesive tape on the back and their certain weight are stamped on top.. somehow looks like this:

Oversteer when drifting to left corner Lead-weight

installed: (notice that the weights were installed on the battery's side)

Oversteer when drifting to left corner Fri-trf416x-2
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Oversteer when drifting to left corner   Oversteer when drifting to left corner EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 10:39 pm

Adbull,

You can get these weights from any tyre shop which does wheel balancing....if you ask really nicely they might even give them to you for free....or else they pretty cheap 2-3 dirhams a strip...
Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Oversteer when drifting to left corner   Oversteer when drifting to left corner EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 10:45 pm

Ahhh, thanks guys. I can get them for free I think. Dad's pro'lly got a box full of 'em at his dealership.
Thanks for the answers.
AdBull.
Back to top Go down
LaNcE
Lead Driver
LaNcE

PostSubject: Re: Oversteer when drifting to left corner   Oversteer when drifting to left corner EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 1:42 pm

if you can bring some on the meet, that would be great..
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Oversteer when drifting to left corner   Oversteer when drifting to left corner EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 2:05 pm

Sure, dad says he has a fair few of them...
AdBull.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oversteer when drifting to left corner   Oversteer when drifting to left corner Empty

Back to top Go down

Oversteer when drifting to left corner
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: EP General Forums :: EP Drifting :: Technical Discussion-
Jump to: