Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly? - Page 2 Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly? - Page 2 Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly? - Page 2 Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly? - Page 2 Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly? - Page 2 Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly? - Page 2 Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly? - Page 2 Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly? - Page 2 Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

November 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly? - Page 2 Vote_lcapHow do you overdrive/countersteer exactly? - Page 2 Voting_barHow do you overdrive/countersteer exactly? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Jay
How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly? - Page 2 Vote_lcapHow do you overdrive/countersteer exactly? - Page 2 Voting_barHow do you overdrive/countersteer exactly? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly?   How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 12:45 am

I'm getting a Carbon conversion kit (3Racing) unless Sir Lancelot buys it first...Then I'll have an upper deck...Right?

AdBull.
Back to top Go down
.j0sh
Chase Driver
.j0sh

PostSubject: Re: How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly?   How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 12:52 am

Does the upper deck support the belt tensioner you are eying?

You'll need to drill the upper deck to get an exact fit.
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly?   How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 1:03 am

I'm going to need help drilling that hole...I've got the tools (looadds of drill screw things, and I've got that machine thing), trouble is I'm not sure I can...

Not giving up on the mod though...Doesn't matter if it comes out in a day, or it stays in there forever, I MUST try it! =D

AdBull.
Back to top Go down
.j0sh
Chase Driver
.j0sh

PostSubject: Re: How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly?   How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 1:05 am

You don't need to go all CF to try the OD mod.

You can make a DIY tensioner and place it on the tub chassis.
Back to top Go down
sideslider
Chase Driver
sideslider

PostSubject: Re: How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly?   How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 1:10 am

dont forget Adbull

you will also need to change your driving style, an overdrive mod means you will need to be faster on counter-steer and more gentle with the throttle since the rear will stick out more then the front, you will be fighting the kit to keep the rear from spinning out.

its a whole different sideways ball game
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly?   How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 1:18 am

Roger that Slider. It's so different, that is why I'm not worried about not being good at "normal" drifting...

.j0sh (how do you guys like to have your name said? I mean, the muslim way is to say something before the name when a young one speaks to an older person...) I can't drill in the tub chassis...It's probably going to get cracked (I think), and I can't hot glue it or something...I'm sure it'll wobble...

Whaddaya' recommend?
And what tensioner do I use? I don't want to modify parts, chances of ruining them are wayy too high.

AdBull.
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly?   How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 1:46 am

Some person on PRCD has done it with a tub chassis...

http://www.drccentral.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16835

He doesn't like his angle though...And that's almost the same setup as what I am planning and what Sir Lance has already done.

AdBull.
Back to top Go down
.j0sh
Chase Driver
.j0sh

PostSubject: Re: How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly?   How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 9:47 am

Hmm....that guy on DRCCentral only used 16t and 18t....
So his FDR ratio isn't that far apart. Maybe that's why he wasn't happy with his OD.

I guess all you can do it copy the way he made the belt tensioners.

About the name, just call me Josh.
Our age isn't that far apart anyway.

=P
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly?   How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 11:58 am

Hmm...Okay then Josh.
That person on DRC seems to have quit the website...His last post was posted in March.
That means I can't PM him...

He did mention that he used Cyclone tensioners, those aren't hard to find. But to fit them he needed "#A183 PILOT SHAFT 4 x 15mm"
How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly? - Page 2 A183_01m

Another person used XRAY belt tensioner (#303071), RCMart doesn't have any, I've only managed to find one, and that is on Amazon.com.

AdBull.
Back to top Go down
hyperdash2
Driver
hyperdash2

PostSubject: Re: How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly?   How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 7:40 pm

Instead of getting the 3racing conversion kit, why don't you get a conversion kit that would look like <Alex Racing Design CER> or <HPI TC-D>????

here's one for you Adbull...

from Square :

http://www.rc-race-and-drift-japan.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=91_99&products_id=1082

from Street Jam OTA-R :

http://www.rc-race-and-drift-japan.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=91_99&products_id=1675

cheers...
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly?   How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 8:55 pm

WOAH. (at the price tag, lol.)

Those conversion kits are every TA05 drifters dream...But they come with a BIG price tag.

I am a student, therefore I cannot spend a lot, maybe when I'm older and have better cash flow.

*drools at the pictures*

AdBull.
Back to top Go down
Unixeer
Co-Driver
Unixeer

PostSubject: Re: How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly?   How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 3:42 am

abdull, just an idea which am planning to od, if am not late posting this reply

try change the center pull that moves the rear belt, and do some front caster, this might give some counter in slow motioning but am not sure how much counter it will last ???

tomorrow am trying the current specs in drifting if god lets me !! in sha'allah
Back to top Go down
http://www.OmanST.NeT
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly?   How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you overdrive/countersteer exactly?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: EP General Forums :: EP Drifting :: Technical Discussion-
Jump to: