Forum Update: Facebook Connect

You can now associate your Facebook account with Dubdrift by enabling the Facebook associate button found in your Profile preferences.

It's simple, you have to link your Facebook account with your account already created in the forum.

Connect in the forum> Profile> Preferences> Connect my Facebook account

From this point, your forum account and Facebook account are linked.

Jay
Administrator

Dubai RCDubai RC  HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
EP: DubDrift Sessions ● Fridays @ 5:00pm onwards ● Moven Pick Area2 ● Click HERE for location.

Latest topics
» any one here from abudhabi im new in RlC world
Need Help......Offroaders? Emptyby rommel Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 am

» Mini Mayhem is back!
Need Help......Offroaders? Emptyby Jay Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» Dubai adventure (teaser)
Need Help......Offroaders? Emptyby cv3t Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:53 am

» Rock Crawlers in Dubai?
Need Help......Offroaders? Emptyby pampoy Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:01 am

» Moven Pick Area Map
Need Help......Offroaders? Emptyby kax79 Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

» Family Fun Fly Day, 29th November
Need Help......Offroaders? Emptyby king44 Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:54 am

» mini 4WD latest version
Need Help......Offroaders? Emptyby Jay Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm

» Rc Drift King Meydan's Cup
Need Help......Offroaders? Emptyby kax79 Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:06 am

November 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Top posters
J.Drift
Need Help......Offroaders? Vote_lcapNeed Help......Offroaders? Voting_barNeed Help......Offroaders? Vote_rcap 
Jay
Need Help......Offroaders? Vote_lcapNeed Help......Offroaders? Voting_barNeed Help......Offroaders? Vote_rcap 
LaNcE
jebjeb
cathurga
Bandit
strawb
paul
chardiboi
.j0sh
Webmail
DubDrift Webmail
free forum
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Need Help......Offroaders?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sideslider
Chase Driver
sideslider

Need Help......Offroaders? Empty
PostSubject: Need Help......Offroaders?   Need Help......Offroaders? EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:26 pm

as most of you know, i own a baja 5T

so i am adressing all offroaders when i say HELP!!!!

so i was playing on the beach the other day with my baja, and all of a sudden i lost power and the engine cut out, to my horror i realized i had lost compression, i think that it probably sucked up a good wad of sand, i have a replacement Zenoa engine but i really dont want to change the engine until i know she has to come out, i checked all screws, and made sure that the spark plug was in tight.......please advise on what else could be wrong......

ohh and by the way i found this for a few certain slash 4x4 owners (i suggest you lower the volume)

Back to top Go down
jebjeb
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
jebjeb

PostSubject: Re: Need Help......Offroaders?   Need Help......Offroaders? EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:30 pm

if you say that it sucked up some sand, better clean the carbeurators (if it got one) or remove the engine to pieces and start cleaning them inside out.
Back to top Go down
sideslider
Chase Driver
sideslider

PostSubject: Re: Need Help......Offroaders?   Need Help......Offroaders? EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:32 pm

thanks jebo

what else could be wrong other then sand?......
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Need Help......Offroaders?   Need Help......Offroaders? EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 9:21 pm

Well, what does it sound like?
Before I opened up the whole thing, I'd check the piston...But you don't even have to open up the entire cylinder to do that, a couple of pulls can do that, if it feels easier than usual, open up the cylinder. Otherwise...

Remove the carburator. It's probably it.

It can't possibly have EFI JebJeb...Atleast, I doubt it does.

Just my 2 fils.

AdBull.
Back to top Go down
cathurga
Lead Driver
cathurga

PostSubject: Re: Need Help......Offroaders?   Need Help......Offroaders? EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 9:26 pm

Your choices, in my opinion are:

Spark Plug seal - minor chance it is the problem
Head Gasket blown - possible, but not likely on the weed-whacker motors
Cracked/broken piston rings - If it overheated, possible.
Cracked piston - Same as above
Cracked head - unlikely
Worn sleeve - possible if it ingested sand.
Reed valves broken or stuck - possible if sand got in

If you suspect sand is your problem, only you would know if the air filter came off or not...if it did, sand is your problem.

2 stroke engines use the crank case as a fuel/air mix route...which means, if sand got in....your carb will need cleaning, you will likely need a new crank, piston, crank main bearings, rings, head gasket and sleeve....or if they are not visibly broken, you could strip the entire engin down, clean it, rebuild and see if it runs...

Go back to your comment in the other thread about how cheap they are to run,.....and re-phrase it...LOL.

Sorry to hear it is busted.

Oh, the other option is to drop it off at a hobby shop and let them sort it out....have your credti card at the ready. smile
Back to top Go down
sideslider
Chase Driver
sideslider

PostSubject: Re: Need Help......Offroaders?   Need Help......Offroaders? EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 9:32 pm

no guys it doesnt have EFI,

it uses a good old fashioned carby and im glad for that, well, if im going to open up the engine then ive decided to go with a full overhaul, might as well.........

i opened it up and found a badly damaged head along with scrateched piston that had some cracks in it, thecrank case seems fine and all the seals are intact, i found some sand residue in the crab and indeed the block, i have spare motor that is fresh, so all i have to do is break in.....

list of things to do on the good old fuelie 26CC:

replace piston to 29CC (time for more power)
replace head
replace diff
replace dogbones
return to stock filter
clean out carby with thinner
clean out crankcase with thinner
clean out exhaust wit thinner
paint up new shell

ohhh crap im not going on......im going to do all the work myself.....
Back to top Go down
sideslider
Chase Driver
sideslider

PostSubject: Re: Need Help......Offroaders?   Need Help......Offroaders? EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 9:34 pm

thanks guys
Back to top Go down
Abdul Basit
Chase Driver
Abdul Basit

PostSubject: Re: Need Help......Offroaders?   Need Help......Offroaders? EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 9:38 pm

Abdul Basit wrote:
I'd check the piston

SCORE!!!

Fine, Andy got the rest of it right...

Let me/us know how it goes.
P.S, I'd go LHS and fix the broken engine instead of unboxing the new one.

AdBull.

Last edited by Abdul Basit on Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
tomriv
Co-Driver
tomriv

PostSubject: Re: Need Help......Offroaders?   Need Help......Offroaders? EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 10:37 pm

Abdul Basit wrote:
Well, what does it sound like?
Before I opened up the whole thing, I'd check the piston...But you don't even have to open up the entire cylinder to do that, a couple of pulls can do that, if it feels easier than usual, open up the cylinder. Otherwise...

Remove the carburator. It's probably it.

It can't possibly have EFI JebJeb...Atleast, I doubt it does.

Just my 2 fils.

AdBull.

I dont know about the zenoah engine. But Internal combustion engine is just an air pump. you need fuel , air compression and ignition. If either one is absent there is no combustion. If your carb is clean.Then how about the fuel pressure is it okay check the fuel pump, or most Rc engine uses the exhaust to pressurize the fuel tanks also check the exhaust and the tube that run to the fuel tank. wink
Back to top Go down
paul
@dubdrift.com
@dubdrift.com
paul

PostSubject: Re: Need Help......Offroaders?   Need Help......Offroaders? EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 12:41 pm

Ahmad,

thats a sweet vid dude!!!

can you please stop breaking the baja.....how are we supposed to go for an offroading bash if you breaking it!!!! cry

can you say platinum edition slash 4x4 hahaha
Back to top Go down
http://dirtrc.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Help......Offroaders?   Need Help......Offroaders? Empty

Back to top Go down

Need Help......Offroaders?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: EP General Forums :: EP Off-Road :: General Discussion-
Jump to: